Mini burger patties and potatoes and ketchup. Yes please. Such a tasty combination for lunch or dinner. Awesome idea for snacks during the Super Bowl in February. Here is how you can make it all.
1/2 lb. – Ground Bison Meat
1/4 – Eggplant
1 tsp. -Oregano
1 tsp. – Basil
- Get a frying pan and turn on the stove top to medium high.
- Divide the bison meat into 4 small patties.
- Slice the egg plant into 4 to 8 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the patties in the pan and begin to brown the meat.
- Flip the patties after a minute. Brown the other side. While the other side is browning place a slice of eggplant on top and sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- After a minute flip the patty so that the eggplant is on the pan surface. Add another slice of eggplant on top as well as oregano and basil.
- Flip again. Then continue to flip as needed based on the thickness of your patties and the temperature of your stove top.
- Remove the patties from the pan and enjoy your mini eggplant bun bison burgers. Add mustard or ketchup to taste.
Sweet Potato Circle Fries
1-2 – Large Sweet Potatoes
2 Tbsp. – Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. – Garlic and Onion Spice ( or seasoning of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep a cookie sheet pan and place tinfoil over the surface.
- Slice the potato the short directions to get circle slices.
- Lay the slices out evenly on the tinfoil so that all slices are in contact with the pan.
- Drizzle the oil over the potato slices and sprinkle the seasoning.
- Place the pan in the oven for 50 min. (40 min. is fine if you’re in a hurry, but for optimal tenderness and crispiness on the edges the extra time helps)
- Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy with some ketchup, I love the natural, low – added sugar brands from Whole Foods.
Onion and Garlic Topping
1/4 – Onion
10 Cloves – Garlic
- Heat a pan on the stove to medium high.
- Slice the Onion into small pieces. Slice the garlic cloves if desired or peel them if needed.
- Place onions and garlic in the pan with some olive oil and let simmer.
- Remove the onion and garlic saute and place on top of your burgers.