I love Mediterranean food and nothing will ever be the same as fried falafel. But these are a bad option for a vegetarian meal. Chickpeas are quite tasty and this recipe uses very few ingredients.
1 – 15 oz. Can of Chickpeas Drained
1/2 c. – Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
3 c. – Collard Greens
3 Cloves – Whole Garlic
1 tsp. – Salt
1 tsp. – Garlic and Onion Seasoning
- Heat and grease a pan on the stove to medium high.
- Gather all your ingredients and place them in a blender or food processor. Add a slight bit of water if needed based on how well the mixture blends with your blender speed and strength.
- Scoop small patties of the dough onto the pan and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with olive oil to get a bit of sizzle and brown the sides. Let cook for 3-5 min on this side.
- Flip over and repeat. Once your patties appear to be browning and firmer than before remove them from the pan.
- Repeat the process if you still have more dough.
- Enjoy your healthy falafels with your favorite sauces – tahini, hummus, tzatziki.