Chocolate addict right here. My favorite dessert is flourless dark chocolate cake. It’s so rich and decadent. I have finally found a way to now make this treat in a more nutritious and filling way with no extra processed sugars. This recipe is surprisingly made with only 5 ingredients.
I also added some warmed banana slices with cinnamon as a topping with this serving of cake.
4 – Whole Eggs
1 – Banana
14 – Pitted Prunes
1/4 c. – Cocoa Powder
6 oz. – Dark Chocolate ( I recommend the XOXO brand at whole foods 88% dark, with only 4 g of sugar per serving it has an amazing creamy rich taste. Very smooth. Very chocolate.)
Cinnamon Bananas – Slice a banana and place the slices in a frying pan on low heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and let them brown then flip and repeat. Warm cinnamon bananas.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Fahrenheit. Prep a cookie sheet with spray or baking paper.
- Place the prunes in a pot of water. Bring the water to boil and let the prunes soak for 20 min.
- In a ceramic bowl place your hard chocolate in the microwave and cook for 30 sec intervals stirring between each cooking interval. Once the mixture is softened removed and stir any remaining hard chocolate until it melts.
- Place the prunes, and the boiling mixture they were soaking in, in a food processor or blender.
- Add the the banana, eggs, and cocoa powder. Then add the melted chocolate.
- Blend the mixture.
- Grease a 9” round pan and pour the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 38 – 42 min. then remove and place in the fridge to cool for 2 hours.
- Take the cake out and enjoy a slight of chocolate decadence made solely from chocolate and fruit. Nutrition for your soul.